The free online tools of Web 2.0 capture the imagination and free the everyday user to leave behind his role as “passive consumer” and engage with media as an author and producer. What would you like to do?
…chat with someone on a different network?
…create office documents WITHOUT Microsoft Office?
Google Docs | Zoho
…create an online database?
…have text read aloud?
…sketch your brainstorm/mindmap?
Bubbl.us | Mindomo | Free Mind
Mind42 | MindMeister
…develop a flowchart?
Gliffy | Diagrammr
…draw collaboratively on a whiteboard?
Thinkature | Scribblar
…share photos and artwork?
Flickr | Picasa (Google) | Shutterfly | deviantART
…create online slideshows?
…create vector-based drawings?
YouTube | TeacherTube
…capture your screen (in motion)?
…mix audio files?
…create visual graphics?
Many Eyes | Wordle | Wordshift | WordMosaic | WordItOut | Tagul |
…create a wiki?
Wikispaces | PBWiki
…create a blog?
…manage and create RSS feeds?
…track family geneaology?
…start a debate?
- Imagination Cubed from GE http://www.imaginationcubed.com/ supports collaborative drawing and playback!
- English Central http://www.englishcentral.com keeps getting better for ELL.
- Tool to create a printable summary of a video. http://vidinotes.com/
- Create and share a photobook using flickr … visit http://www.pimpampum.net/bookr/
- Create comic strips using flickr … go to http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/
- Use http://sketchcast.com/ to create and share your thoughts! Draw, record, voiceover…and post to your blog!
- 50 Web 2.0 Tools Your Students Wish You Would Use – created by 8th graders http://bit.ly/bkjq3g
- Document collaboration tool - http://typewith.me/ No registration needed!
- 100 Great Google Docs Tips for Students & Educators | AccreditedOnlineColleges.org http://ow.ly/1pp2n
- http://www.mybrochuremaker.com/ lets you create brochures online and quickly print them out
- iLearn report http://bit.ly/cT8dZ8 focuses on ed apps…but there are too few aimed specifically at secondary learners.
- Up your audacity editing skills…check out these tips. http://bit.ly/9DcRen